Cupcakes for dinner (last night). Rice with raisins for lunch. And ... raisin juice?
Well, let's just say I'm not eating like a king. My stock pile of food has already come in handy. But it's fun to experience diferent foods and combinations. And everyone is so generous when they offer.
Today we met the girls! Nara and Dawa took us over to meet the teen girls, and we fell in love. Susan (16), Daisy (15), Mindy (17), Sarah (15? or 16), Abigail (13), and Rose (12) sang for us, ate with us and told us a little about themselves. They asked us when we each accepted Christ. They showed us crafts they had made and picture albums thye had saved. They hung all over us and welcomed us into their lives.
I cannot wait!
After an ... interesting ... lunch, Sarah and I returned to our little 10-42 and talked through a plan for the girls. Most importantly, we compiled a list of questions for our meeting with Dawa tomorrow. May the Lord bless everything we do with these girls.
We enjoyed dinner with the Americans at Susannah's apartment, and then picked up the girls to play volleyball (adding in Julia, 19). It turned to a volleyball version of monkey-in-the-middle that was somewhat terrifying. The girls protested when we had to take them home, but we assured them we'd be back tomorrow. And so they walked us home to our apartment and we called it a night.
I love these 7 girls and cannot wait to know their hearts.
PS I met Aggie tonight. The girls had her sing for us, and she is precious! Can I please adopt her?
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment