A day of quiet and contemplation.
We're still working on preparing ourselves for leading the girls. Susan, most of all, seems anxious to begin our Bible study. It is incredible to see her excitement. I hope that all the girls will be as fervent.
We spent the afternoon with the girls again. After a group game of Uno and Pigs, the girls asked to learn the words to "Come, Now is the Time to Worship." It was fun to see them stumble over the silent "k" in "knee" and work to pronounce "tongue." [Editor's note: English is a funny language, isn't it?] But they were valiant in their efforts.
They wrote out the words for "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High," and now Sarah and I have an assignment. I'm confident that we'll be successful, though perhaps not as successful as the girls.
I'm struggling right now with finding a place to be alone to think and pray. In Belize, I finally found my porch. Right now, the only place and way to be alone seems to be plugging in my iPod and stationing myself on my bed. It's just not quite the Belize rainforest, but I'm trying to make my heart right and find time with God regardless.
I am afraid of missing my purpose and never fulfilling my passion. Lord, help me to hear Your voice and follow. And give me peace that when I do, You will fulfill the desires of my heart.
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment