Yesterday we were afraid that today would be nearly just as slow. But it ended up being pretty full, even though our original plan for the day was changed somewhat.
We joined all of the kids for church out in Khongor. Though we didn't know the Mongolian to any of the songs, a good number we were able to sing along with in English. I had a brief moment of hope when Mindy waved over one of the Mustang boys to translate for us. However, he ended up only translating the verse references so the American contingent was left to figure out for ourselves what was being preached on.
I have to admit I was somewhat distracted during the sermon for fear of being pushed off the bench. It was sweet how Abigail and her friend wanted to sit with us; unfortunately, it made the 1 1/2 hour church service extremely uncomfortable.
After church, Sarah and I prepared lunch (rice) and made plans for tonight's introductory Bible study with the girls. They tried to have us pushi it back to tomorrow, which was somewhat perplexing to us. We ended up striking a compromise on 8:30 pm.
At 2:00, we met Bryce and Susannah for a walk up the hill/mountain! It was actually really refreshing to get away and sort of relax (even though it was tiring!) after our first week in Mongolia. Throughout our trek we discussed different matters of Scripture. I am constantly challenged to become more diligent in my daily walk.
It was exciting to me that Susannah suggested going for ice cream. Even something as simple as learning where the good ice cream is helps me to feel as if we are less like "vacationers" and more as if we actually live here. And I think it's good to spend time with other people, too. Let's face it, Sarah would probably want to kill me by the time she leaves if I'm the only person (American, at least) that she gets to see.
We also discovered a new restaurant at the top of the Nomin. It was pretty good (and the chicken was okay) so we'll definitely be back.
At 8:30 tonight, we began our Princess study with the girls. I think that it went well, and I am excited to see where it leads. I am somewhat concerned about Susan. Whatever walls she has built up around her, I hope that we can break through them throughout the rest of our time here.
We are starting into full-fledged Bible study tomorrow. I am praying that the girls will be open with us and we all grow through our time together.
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment