Tuesday, February 3, 2009

if everyone else jumped off a bridge ...

... apparently I would do it too. Because, as silly as facebook can be sometimes, it really has been fun to learn things about other people. Furthermore, it's caused me to contemplate my answers to the questions. So without further ado, here are my 25 things:

1. I absolutely LOVE to get all dressed up. I think there's something so energizing about having the right outfit for the right occasion and really feeling like you're putting the best version of yourself out there. I have neither the time nor the wardrobe to accomplish this feat everyday, but I sure do feel better when I do!

2. Sometimes I wish I could hop on a plane, fly to Mongolia and leave it all behind. I love America and the opportunities and education that come with it, but I wouldn't be shocked if I lived in a 2nd or 3rd world country for awhile, even if it was just for a sabbatical.

3. My sister is my best friend, and most of my favorite memories include my family. When I get married, much as I'll love my bridesmaids, all that I want to do the night before the wedding is hang out with my family and watch a movie.

4. I generally am more productive when I'm busy, but I always yearn to have more free time. Of course, when I actually have free time, I get bored.

5. One of my biggest goals is to become a runner. And what I mean by "a runner" is one who doesn't do it for better health or to meet some sort of goal but just because of the pleasure and contentment she gets out of running. I'm definitely not there yet.

6. I eat food in order of preference, from least favorite to most favorite. Only if I can't decide between two dishes will I alternate back and forth. So if you ever have me over to dinner, I guess you'll know what I liked best!

7. The volume always has to be on an even number. It really bothers me if the best level is odd -- but ultimately I'll just pick the one below or above.

8. I've been to something like 37 states (I'm too tired to count them all now). I've also been to 4 continents. My dad is going to catch up with me on continents this summer, so I'm working on a way to get to Africa or South America : )

9. I'm not a big sports fan (and even that may be an understatement), but I wouldn't be surprised if I married a coach. If not a coach, then I suspect I'll marry someone in the ministry. Of course, I could be wrong on both counts.

10. I temporarily played the bassoon. In reality, I had it at my house and messed around with it occasionally. I never had time to take lessons (since I already was playing flute with the band), so I turned it back in to the school.

11. If I'm wearing a rubberband in my hair, it has to either match my outfit or be neutral (brown or black, depending on the outfit).

12. I make to-do lists and schedule out my life constantly, but rarely do I actually refer to these lists and schedules. It just helps me think through my commitments and plan ahead.

13. I prefer my right to my left. Blame my parents.

14. I get caught up in musicals, opera, ballet, etc. A really good show actually leaves me a little sad when it's over and I have to disengage from the alternate reality it created.

15. I like having only one sibling because we each have our own unique relationships with our parents. But I also wish I were part of a big family. We'll see how that plays out if and when I have kids.

16. I edit my text messages, emails and facebook posts for correct grammar and spelling. I'll actually delete and repost a message on facebook if there's an error.

17. I feel like you could categorize my life by what church I was a member of at the time. That would explain a lot.

18. I used to say that I wanted to live in Rhode Island. I'm not sure where I'll end up now, but I don't think that Rhode Island is it.

19. I love flying, but I also have a slight fear of heights. It doesn't affect me in an airplane, but you won't see me getting too close to a guardrail on the Eiffel Tower or a skyscraper balcony.

20. I miss my grandfather a lot. I don't think about it very often, but when I do I am reminded of what an amazing man he was. I hope that my life makes him proud.

21. I'm absolutely cursed when it comes to technology. In fact, I'm writing this on a school computer because my laptop is in the shop.

22. If you gave me a list of numbers, I could rank them in order of preference.

23. I have had exactly one sip of champagne and one sip of wine. I greatly disliked both, so I'm pretty sure I'll have chilled Dr. Pepper on my honeymoon : )

24. I used to write songs a lot. I haven't written one in a long time -- maybe it's time to.

25. I have big dreams, big plans, big fears and big hopes, but I enjoy the little things in life -- Sunday afternoons with nothing to do, drives with the beauty of fall all around me, breakfast out with my mom, phone calls with friends. My biggest regrets have to do with little things I missed and my fondest memories are the little things I've experienced.

<><

No comments: