Tonight, the roommates and I had a little Thanksgiving celebration. It wasn't the traditional Thanksgiving dinner; although there was turkey, it was ground up and seasoned as part of taco stack. Yummy.
Anyway, the point of the dinner was to say thanks to all of those who helped us move out at the end of last year or helped us move in this summer. I finally met two of the five people (I know the other three) who moved all of my stuff in this summer. It wasn't anything super fancy or formal; we sat around in our living room, talked about random subjects and ended up playing BuzzWord. But it was important to me, to all of us, to let these people know that we really appreciate them, and I hope that they were blessed, even just a little, by it as well.
It was a good evening. It was the first attempt at combining Myra's friends with Sara's and my law school crowd, but with the infusion of discussion about the pregnant man, and entertainingly embarassing subject, everyone really got along well. There were a couple of moments of awkward silence, but nothing that you don't experience in any big gathering. It was fun and refreshing to entertain, so I think we'll try to do it again ... after finals, of course.
Tomorrow is a day of hard work! I'm going to try to write my Presidential Public Financing paper so that I can take it off my to do list and focus 110% of my energy on my Note. Sarah and Diana are coming tomorrow night, which I'm so excited about, so I've got to be super-productive during the day so that I can enjoy the Mariah Carey, cookie dough and laughter that will be flowing freely. They'll head out early the next morning, but it will be a wonderful refresher in the midst of a study-filled weekend.
Until next time ...
<><
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment