I found out some heartbreaking news about a sweet friend yesterday. I'm not going to share it here, because it's her story, not mine. But the thing that has absolutely blown me away is the absolute trust and joy she has in the midst of this trial. In a situation where I would absolutely crumble and where I can't help but ask "why?," she has unfaltering faith.
I am so humbled by this example. Here I've been complaining about my schoolwork and stressing out over things that have no eternal value. Yes, I believe it brings glory to God when I work hard and use the talents He's given me, but ultimately it doesn't matter whether I get an A or a B+ or even whether I graduate. It's supposed to be about Him, and so often I make it about me. I put my plans ahead of His, for the day, the week, the year and my life. I tell Him where I want to go and then ask Him to make it happen, instead of walking in childlike faith down whatever path He lays before me. I say that I'm stopping to listen, but then I race on ahead and wonder why I've lost the peace that comes in trusting in Him.
Today I thank the Lord for this sweet woman of God. I praise Him for the way she loves and follows Him, and for her radiant example of what it means to seek after Him. She truly stores up her treasure in Heaven.
<><
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment