Anyone who really knows me knows that I am an avid to-do list maker. We're talking multiple times throughout the day, making a list from scratch. It's generally pretty detailed. And there's nothing better than the thrill of checking something off my list -- it's cathartic and serves as a physical representation of accomplishment. But I digress.
Because my to-do list has been overwhelmingly long these days, I haven't gotten back to my most recent attempt at online journaling. I don't feel like I've necessarily deprived the world of any great insight, but that's not the point. This journal is for me and for anyone who cares enough about the mundane and not-so-mundane moments of my life that they care to read it. So go ahead and get comfortable, this is going to be a long post.
1. I am done with interviews!!! After 11 callback interviews, 10 plane flights, approximately 850 miles on my car, and a handful of awkward moments, I am done! I don't ever want to drive to the Richmond Airport again (I'm flying out of DCA for Homecoming, so I'll actually get my wish for that trip), I'm not wearing heels for at least a week, and my trusty "interview pantyhose" will not make another appearance until my Moot Court tournament next spring -- unless I decide to throw them away! I've met well over 100 attorneys - it's actually probably somewhere between 130 and 150 - and I've told the same stories about student speech, Mongolia, and working for a legislator over and over again. I've gotten nauseous from smiling too much (seriously, that's a story in-and-of itself, but I'll spare you) and I come home mentally and physically exhausted. I am so glad to be finished, and I don't even really care if there is something brilliant out there that I've missed. I have some offers pending, I'm waiting to hear back from others, and that is the universe from which I will make my decision. The end.
2. I am going to Homecoming!!! I can't remember when I booked my flight, but it is official. I will be listening to the angelic voices of the Baylor Religious Hour Choir once again. It will be exhausting and exhilarating all at once. There is nothing like the feeling you get with the chill of fall in the air, the glow of the campus (and the bonfire) at night, and the warmth of far-away friends who are close together again. It's perhaps my favorite weekend of the year.
3. I went to a Martin football game! I hadn't been back to my high school for a game since my freshman year at Baylor. As I was walking into the stands (feeling like somewhat of a novice since I'd never not come with the band before), I couldn't believe that it had been six seasons since I had directed on that field! It was such a big part of my high school experience, and becoming a drum major was probably what I considered to be my biggest accomplishment during that time of my life (even compared to NMS). It was so wonderful to be back in those stands, reminiscing about the joys and triumphs it brought, feeling the change in the weather and realizing that, although I wouldn't trade it for anything, I didn't feel like those were "the best days of my life" like so many others do. I'm so glad we went, and I hope my parents are too : )
4. I got to see Alli! There's not a lot to detail here because it mostly consisted of private conversations and the like. But my sweet friend was thoughtful enough to drive up to Dallas while I was in town interviewing. We went to lunch, enjoyed some time catching up face-to-face (which is so much better than over the phone) and she even took me to the airport. I was so blessed by her willingness to take that much time out of her busy, busy day to come see me (she's BRH president this year and has a lot on her plate). She is such a precious friend to me.
5. Fall is here! It should be no surprise that this would excite me because two of the paragraphs above have addressed fall weather. And at the risk of ripping off other people's blogs (and because you're probably already tired of reading) I won't go into an exhaustive list of why I absolutely love fall. But I'll list a few: Homecoming, my red pea coat, leaves changing (it actually happens here in VA), the smells, the beginning of Christmas and the crispness in the air. Only in fall can you be certain to drive with the windows down and radio up. It is a miracle season to me.
6. I am busy. I have a million and one things to accomplish today, and I have already exceeded my allotted "blog time," so I'll have to write about them later. But there it is, a recount of what I could tell you and allusions to the things I could not.
Until next time ...
<><
Pregnancy #2 and Noelle's Birth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment