Monday, May 18, 2009

yoga and a boyfriend

There have been a number of times in the past (almost) three months that I've wanted to post, but who has the time! It's been kind of funny to me that my last entry was on the night that I got EIC. See, one thing I left out of the story was something that Aaron said to me during the "handshaking and congratulations" part of the story. Aaron shook my hand and said, "I'm sure a lot of questions are racing through your mind already about things you need to know. Don't worry about any of it tonight. Go out and celebrate this evening ... because it will be your last free night for awhile!" I laughed, and he looked me straight in the eye and said "No. Seriously."

Clearly, I wrote off his assertion with no problem. After all, it didn't even make it into my recount of the evening! But I've always assumed that my understanding of being "busy" and other people's just don't match up. I've always balanced at least two "major" commitments, exclusive of school. In high school it was band, choir and praise team. In college it was BRH, Tridelt and, for three semesters, two jobs. So naturally I think that the way I balance things and the way others balance things are just different. I don't necessarily think it's good to have to prioritize as much as I've had to, but I feel like I'm a pro at juggling multiple obligations all at once.

Oh, what naivete I once had. I have been busier in the past (nearly) three months of my life than I have ever known before. I have read and discussed more legal scholarship than I ever thought possible. I have stressed over more small decisions that feel like HUGE decisions more times than ever could count.

And yet I still feel so blessed.

It's been a whirlwind of a semester. As indicated by the fact that I didn't even get online to inform the world when my finals were or update on my super wonderful trip to Kansas over my birthday. But within that whirlwind, I have found a multitude of blessings that I never expected. New friends with interesting personalities and a lot of laughter. A week of birthday wishes. And a sort of comraderie that can't be manufactured.

I'm looking forward to what this next year will bring. I know there will be moments of trial and tribulation, but I've got a good team in my corner. So bring it on.

<><

No comments: